Get In Touch
The quickest way to get information is to email. If you want to book an initial meeting, use the form at the bottom of this page. All marketing inquiries will be deleted automatically.
Leave A Message
Therapy is an opportunity to discuss/talk about issues that are important to the client, while having a trained objective person (Therapist) help work through not only the current situation but in dealing with similar situations in the future. Therapy can be about one specific problem, or it can be about multiple. Something to mention, is that therapy is a collaborative event, it requires an active role from both the client at the therapist for change to occur.
It might be more expensive, however, assistance is here when you need it. No waiting lists. And since we are part of a network of STG Health Services professionals, we can refer out within our own group when you suddenly require something very specific.
In the STG La Ronge Branch, I provide specific skill training to help parents deal with difficult childhood behaviours – from anxiety disorders to picky eaters – as well as assist adults with their own social emotional growth (anxiety, depression, mood). I specialize in the following:
- Childhood Anxiety
- Childhood Attachment
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy and Skill Training
- Learning and Learning Challenges
- Difficult and self-destructive Behaviours
- Emotional Self-regulation and Executive Functions (ADHD)
I am a humanistic therapist: I believe we all have within ourselves the potential to know and trust ourselves more fully; to develop healthier, more mature, and more secure relationships with the important people in our lives; and to develop a greater competence in dealing with the world.
I am an existential therapist: I believe we can deepen our capacity for self-awareness, develop the courage needed to make authentic choices, and find productive and creative ways to work within our specific circumstances to create unique, engaged, and meaningful lives.
I am an attachment therapist:I believe we thrive best when we develop secure emotional bonds with those most important to use, bonds characterized by emotional accessibility, responsiveness, and engagement.
And finally, I am an integrative therapist:I continue to study the major systems of psychotherapy, and I integrate ideas and procedures from these systems as they are congruent with my humanistic, existential, and attachment base and as they prove useful to the needs of my individual clients.
All services are considered psycho-education. Psycho-education helps clients better understand (and become accustomed to living with) mental health conditions and teaches specific skills to better function in everyday life. I work future-focused to help clients continue to live a life worth living.
We start with an intake, and from there, a treatment plan is discussed with a specific number of sessions (minimum 4 to start with). Depending on the presenting problems, additional sessions might be required.
Absolutely! I understand your environment as a Northerner. We live in the same space, experience similar events, and are part of the excitement that happens in Northern Saskatchewan. This beats getting connected to a service provider with online help systems who do not understand our living conditions.
As part of confidentiality, I may not say hello or talk to you very much if we meet socially, outside my office. My behaviour will not be a personal reaction to you; rather, it is a way to maintain the confidentiality of our relationship.
I typically keep all information you share with me confidential. However, there are some situations in which I must break confidentiality. Here are some examples of those situations:
- A court orders me to disclose confidential information.
- I believe you are in immediate danger of harming or killing yourself.
- I believe it likely that you will harm or kill another person.
- Or I learn from you that a child or other vulnerable person has been or will be abused or neglected. This individual could be an individual in your care, an individual you know,
or even yourself.
All clients are required to pay the full session see at the time of booking their appointment. Cancellation fees are not charged when an appointment is rebooked for a different time within the same week. Since most insurance companies do provide very limited mental health therapy coverage, we do not auto-bill insurance companies.
Payment for services is an important part of any professional relationship. This is even more
true in therapy: One treatment goal is to make clear relationships and the duties and obligations
they involve. Please pay for each session at its end. I have found that this arrangement helps us
stay focused on our goals, and so it works best. It also allows me to keep my fees as low as
possible, because it cuts down on my bookkeeping costs. I suggest you make out your check
before each session begins, so that our time will be best used. Other payment or fee arrangements
must be worked out before the end of our first meeting.
Regular therapy services: $90 for a session of 45 minutes
- The very first time I meet with you, we will need to give each other much basic information. For this reason, I may schedule 1½ hours for this first meeting. Following this, we will usually meet for a 45-minute session once a week. As we wind down therapy, we may meet less often.
- I will tell you at least two weeks in advance of my vacations or any other times we cannot meet.
- Please ask about my schedule in making your own plans.
- When we make an appointment, we commit to each other. We agree to meet on a given date and time.
- If I am ever unable to start on time, I ask your understanding. I also assure you that you will receive the full time we agreed to.
- If you are late, we will probably be unable to meet for the full time, because it is likely that I will have another appointment after yours.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, please call me at least 42 hours before the appointment, earlier if possible. If you need to cancel a Monday appointment, please do so no later than Thursday morning. I make my living, in part, by doing therapy, and it is very difficult to fill a missed appointment if given short notice.
- Except for unpredictable emergencies, I will ask you to pay 50% of my regular fee for a missed session, and this is painful for both of us.
- In the event that I cannot make it into the office because of snow or ice, I will put a message on
my voice mail that morning saying that my office is closed.
- When I am on a trip, on vacation, or sick, I will let you know in advance and will give you the name of another therapist whom you can see should you have an emergency.
In general, sessions occur online through Zoom or another tele-therapy provider. In case of in-person sessions, please note that I use various locations throughout town. I want to keep the therapy session fee as low as possible, and therefore I prefer to share offices with other professionals.
I continue to take courses and certification programs to enhance my skills in education and counselling psychology. Here are the major milestones in my education history:
- Bachelor of Education
- Certificate in Leadership & Management
- Master of Science in Education
- Doctor of Education
- Certificate of Mindfulness Practices (University of Toronto)
- Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology (in progress to refresh knowledge and learn new skills)