We have all experienced those moments when time went by really quickly, and we felt amazing. In those times, changes are you were doing an activity you enjoyed.
One researcher and psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi researched the concept of “flow” – the mindset in which everything seems to go effortless. He mentioned six factors that outline what flow is:
- Intense focus in this moment
- Action and awareness is combined
- Feelings of confidence without second-guessing
- Complete sense of control
- Time feels different
- The activity is very rewarding.
When you are experiencing flow, you are functioning very well, near or at the best of your capabilities. Those are the times you do not forget as these brought intense satisfaction.
(to be continued)